Welcome to our school
Welcome to Longhill Primary School’s website. I am delighted that you are taking the time to look at our school.
Longhill Primary is a great place for children to be! We were graded ‘Good’ by OFSTED in April 2013 and received ‘Outstanding’ for Behaviour and Safety which is a huge achievement for the children and staff of this school. We are strongly committed to a partnership with all parents and the extended community which will enhance the quality of education provided by the school.
We want all our children to feel happy and secure in school and every effort is made by all the staff to create a family atmosphere where each child is shown respect and care, allowing them to develop their personalities. We strive to create a learning environment where every child is able to reach their full potential and achieve the highest of standards.
The staff at Longhill Primary School are caring, dedicated and experienced. They try to achieve the very best from your child, whether it be educationally, morally, spiritually or physically. The fulfillment of this aim will be seen in the children, who will be well behaved, respectful, have good manners and an excellent attitude to work.
The ethos of the school is built around a positive ethos where children feel empowered to learn. It is our aim that every child is able to look back on their time at Longhill Primary with affection and pride, having the confidence to achieve anything in their future life.
Mr M Batty
Latest News from LPFM
The aims of our school
Longhill Primary School aims to provide a place where children feel safe and nurtured, a place where they have every opportunity to achieve not just academically but to develop in to all round individuals to take their place in society.
We aim to enhance the lives of the children by providing them with opportunities to excel academically, in sports, music and arts.
We have high expectations of behaviour, attainment, and attendance and ensure that every child gives his/her best.”
- Everyone should have a sense of belonging and importance within the school community.
- Teaching and learning should be an enjoyable and positive experience.
- There should be a secure and supportive atmosphere in which pupils feel safe to experiment and question.
- Pupils should take increasing responsibility for their own learning, decision making and actions allowing them to become happy, confident and independent.
- Our school should provide a welcoming, attractive and stimulating learning environment alongside a positive ethos.
- We will show respect for each other irrespective of age, ability, gender, race or religion.
- Teachers, parents and carers working together on shared values and aims.